Ask The Insulation Experts
We are here to answer all of your insulation questions. Our website is designed to help you make an informed decision about your insulation. Call us today for a free, no obligation quote.
Frequently Asked Insulation Questions
Insulation Removal & ExtractionOpen AllClose All
- What types of insulation do you remove?
- We will remove the following types of insulation from an attic: fibreglass batts, cellulose, vermiculite that has been tested, and any other loose blown material. We will not remove any vermiculite that has tested positive for asbestos.
- Do I have to remove my existing insulation before a new installation?
- No, unless there is a reason to. If there are animal problems (feces, urine) or moisture (mold, mildew) we may recommend removing the existing insulation. Usually we can top up your existing insulation with new insulation to bring the R value up to a recommended level. This will save money because you are making use of what you already have in the attic.
- How do you remove the insulation and what do you do with it?
- We have an insulation removal machine that uses a powerful vacuum to suck the insulation through a wide hose and into a giant commercial garbage bag. Batt type insulation is removed by hand and put into the same giant commercial size garbage bags.
- Who disposes of the insulation?
- We take the insulation to the landfill.
Did you know?
- More Building Code changes coming for Ontario effective January 1, 2014
- Energy efficiency and insulation requirements increased for permits after December 31, 2011
- We provide free, no obligation quotes on insulation - contact us today!
- You can save up to 50% on your heating & cooling costs by properly insulating your home
Quality, Integrity, Pride - Since 1989